Week 12 Lab: TedEd Videos on Language, Grammar and Punctuation


This week I decided to participate in a story lab. I chose the TedEd videos on language, grammar and punctuation. If you have read any of my work thus far you know grammar and punctuation is definitely something I need to continue to work on. 

The first few of videos were over language. How language came about
, how many there are, what some of the differences and similarities are within all of them. It is said there are between 3,000 and 8,000 different languages but it all stated with one. Throughout time villages of people went different ways and with new places of exploration became new words. These new words and years spent away from each other developed different languages. Wile there are many different languages a lot of them share common phrases, words or origins so just because you speak a language does not always mean you can not understand another. I also really liked the video focussed on where new words come from. I had no clue that words like villain and geek in the early 20th century completely meant something else. Over time groups of people have changed them to mean what they are today. 

The other videos I found interesting were those on punctuation! The reminder on how to use apostrophes correctly was helpful and also insightful. Until today I had no clues you can double up on them to combine there different words rather than just two words! I also found it insightful to know that when using one on a word that ends with a "s" it is up to the style of the paper and the writer on if an additional "s" is gadded at the end! 

Videos

Comments

Popular Posts